Congratulations to the following 2022 Team Richmond Fundraising Raffle Winners:
• Summer Camps Package: Dwayne Owens - sold by Andrew Owens 13U & Shawn Hicks - sold by Caden Hicks 10U
• Team Richmond Gear Package: Tahmara Young - sold by Josh Young 10U
• Chick-Fil-a Gift Card: Ms. Carolyn Fletcher - sold by Connor Wilcox 13U
• Wawa Gift Card: Ms. Laura - sold by Beau Metzger 10U
• Visa Gift Card: Ms. Cathy Conner - sold by Andrew Ford 15U Black
• Amazon Gift Card: Ms. Lorie Lopez - sold by Tyson Tiller 12U
Additionally, recognizing our top individual seller and overall top team
• Top individual seller: King Harley 15 Elite - sold $400 (will receive a prize)
• Top team: 10U sold $1,640 (10U being the top sellers had greater chances of winning)
A huge thank you to everyone for your participation and support! Winners will be contacted and prizes will be delivered to those who sold them to share with the winner!
Team: 16U Elite
School: Church Hill Academy
Player grade: 10th grade
School basketball coach: Tim Maye
Most recent academic accomplishment: JaVon has been selected to attend an all-expenses paid trip to the 2022 Global Youth Leadership Academy for high school students and will travel to Mt. Olympus, the island of Corfu, and Perama Cave. He is also a straight A student.
Trey Felton, who plays on Team Richmond's 14U team, captured the Richmond Times-Dispatch 47th Regional Spelling Bee by correctly spelling "corollary" in a two-hour hard fought competition. Four of the six finalists were eliminated in the first round, but Felton and runner-up Zainab Iqbal of Richmond went an additional 55 rounds before a winner was decided. "I can't even wrap my mind around it," Felton told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. "It was hard. The fact that "corollary" is the word I won on, is just crazy."
As regional champion, Trey earned a $1,500 college scholarship and qualifies to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee, scheduled for June 1-2 in the Washington, D.C., area.
Trey was Team Richmond's March Student of the Month, and says he spends about an hour a day studying spelling or picking up new words through his reading.
Corollary is defined as a proposition that follows upon one just demonstrated and requires to additional proof.
There are many ways to help support to mission of Team Richmond AAU and teach young men life skills, teamwork, positive character, citizenship, good work habits, self-motivation, and leadership.
Team Richmond has a rich and storied tradition of success at every level in college. In 2019, TR Alums Austin Kastra (Albermale) & Jayden Nixon (STAB) won the NCAA Championship at the University of Virginia. Nick Parks (Monacan) and Cutch Ellis played in the Division III NCAA Final Four with Christopher Newport.
Have a question about playing for Team Richmond AAU? Send us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
10403 Hyannis Drive, Richmond, Virginia 23236, United States